It is Janiary 1st, 2011 and if you haven't created your plan for how you are going to market your business for the coming 12 months - Its not too late! Just follow these steps and Get Going in 2011.
- Create Simple Goals - Think about the things that you want to do more of, the things you know your business needs, the things your competitors are doing well, and write it down!!!
- Use a Worksheet - The below picture is an clipout from a marketing plan template that I use with all my clients. It helps you see all the various things you could, should and would be doing if you had enough time and an adequate budget.
- Create Themes - This could be a mantra, a campaign idea, a hot trend, or some message you wish to communicate to your market. Themes help you stay consistent and focused.
- Populate - Use the worksheet to fill in the things you would like to do and the measureable results of that activity. Most marketing is effective if it can be measured.
- Prioritize - The Worksheet is a framework and so highlight the priorities within each section. This will drive out an effective budget and a realistic delivery schedule.
- Find Resources - Even the greatest of plans can fail if you don't have the right resources to execute the plan. Anyone can do marketing, marketing specialists like the Squirrelworx team can do effective marketing.
- Share - If everyone in the company knows what activity is the priority, others can possibly contribute and add energy to create a more successful Marketing Plan.
Now, Get Going in 2011 and market you company the way it deserves to be marketed. Call us, we can help.